Sunday, January 20, 2013

Fly Away!

Psalm 55:6-8 
I said, “Oh, that I had the wings of a dove!
    I would fly away and be at rest.
I would flee far away
    and stay in the desert;
I would hurry to my place of shelter,
    far from the tempest and storm.”

I finally broke down today, I knew it would happen eventually. I've been managing to stay cheerful and happy lately, but my feelings caught up to me tonight. After trying all weekend to find someone to sit and talk to, I found myself alone tonight, never having found someone. I ended up just breaking down in tears half way through working out. I am honestly feeling like a total failure right now. I can't find a job, I can't seem to make new friends to fill all these holes in my life, I can't stop mourning the ones I have recently lost, and I can lay claim on nothing in this entire world, except Jesus of course. And He is enough, He always is. But I hurt, and I am staving off the feelings of disrepair and pain, literally, I feel like I am wounded and fighting off vicious wolves with nothing but a stick. 
I wish I had a happy ending to write here, but I think the plan is to just fall helplessly into the arms of my loving Jesus for tonight, and pray that the morning brings some people to come around and support me, and feelings of joy. I know I am asking a lot, I certainly deserve none of that, but my God is a big God and I know He has the best for me. 
Blessed be the name of the Lord.

No comments :

Post a Comment