Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Winter


Walking from the gym to my car I could feel the cool wind kiss the sweat of my face and neck where my hair was pulled up. The gray clouds were like chalk above me and the ground was covered in ice. Everything seemed unusually still and you could almost taste the silence. I could feel each and every muscle as though they had a life of their own. Branches form the dry sleeping trees swatted at each other like a living skeleton band. A few ravens who like to perch in the leafless trees cawed mournfully at me, above their winter wasteland of dead things.

I say all this to say that though I usually dislike winter, today it seemed fanciful in my mind, and I loved its forlorn splendor


(photo thanks to google search and www.maxwaugh.com)

No comments :

Post a Comment