Sunday, April 7, 2013

God Still Moves like Pentecost



Today I would like to write something different, since I tend to write when I am deep in thought or struggling. I want to write about God moving. I feel as though I am hearing the sound of change, right now, here in my own youth group. What God has been speaking about change seems to be happening, and I am excited! Last week the Holy Spirit fell on the group, so much so, that when the youth pastor dismissed with the band still going, no one left. As I stood in the back I felt the strongest urge to pray in tongues over them, which is not very usual for me. As I did so, I felt like I sat at the front of a battle, with the glory of God pouring through me, I literally could not stand. As I laid on the ground praying words I didn't understand, God was doing something, the Lord of the universe was moving. My whole body shook, I felt the fear of the Lord as well as abounding joy.
                Having recently finished the book It, by Craig Groeschel, I have been hoping to see the small flame we have as a group start to burn uncontrollably. Whatever effort we (as leaders) put into this group is useless without the move of God. I challenge anyone who does not believe God still moves; show me what use anything we do is without Him! I dare not put the great I Am in a box, or believe I can change the world in my human frailness. What I want to see is more of Him, more direction, more spirit. I so desire for people to open up their ministries, their families, and their lives to the movement of the Holy Spirit! Where are you stagnant? Where are you needy? If you need vision and direction, go to the one who provides these free of charge! I'm not gonna lie, I am Pentecostal, and I believe that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. God has something big planned for this group of amazing youth. I am blessed and proud to be a part of it. Just wait, the best is yet to come.
(Edit 8/7/2013, For those wondering, God has moved in the group this summer as promised, of course, see the post from this day as explanation)

No comments :

Post a Comment